Founded in 1974, EEAC is a non-profit, tax deductible organization made up of dedicated educators, youth leaders, environmental professionals and students. EEAC members work together to stimulate and encourage environmental education in New York City and the surrounding region.
The purpose of the Environmental Education Advisory Council is to:
- Speak with a single voice to influence environmental education policy.
- Make environmental education information readily available to classroom teachers.
- Advise the New York City Department of Education on the benefits of including environmental concepts in all aspects of the curriculum.
- Serve as a permanent advisory group to the New York City Department of Education.
- Help educators develop in young people a responsible attitude toward the natural and built environment.
- Share in the enjoyment of the environment.
Give Today — Support EEAC sponsored educational programs and networking opportunities.
EEAC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax deductible organization.