Watershed Education Grants Deadline Feb. 1!
Watershed Education Grants
Proposals are due Monday, Feb. 1, 2017
The Catskill Watershed Corporation is now accepting Watershed Education Grant proposals from schools and non-profit organizations serving students and teachers in the New York City West-of-Hudson Watershed and within the five boroughs of New York City.
Proposals must focus on education projects and programs that help increase awareness of the:
- Human and natural history of the West of Hudson Watershed and the New York City Water Supply System
- Critical role of communities in caring for water quality in the watershed
- Importance of water conservation and other stewardship activities
- History and contemporary use and operation of the vast water system
- Cultural and biological diversity of the city's WOH Watershed
- Causes and impacts of flooding and climate change
Applicants may also choose from among several Special Options, including Trout in the Classroom and performances of City that Drinks the Mountain Sky.
Let your imagination roam!
related link: http://watersheducators.org/