For readability or to print, Enter Reader View or Show Reader.
EEAC Steering Committee Regular Monthly Meeting
July 15, 2020 Wed 5:30 – 7:00 pm — ZOOM Conference
|Isa Del Bello|
|E. Shig Matsukawa|
|Christina Tobitsch (NYSOEA)|
|Visiting:||Pamela Peeters (Eco Heroes)|
- Minutes will now be posted on website
- Bonnie Ralston presented on work of Strategic Planning Committee
- Responding to the need to better define roles of steering committee with the goal of capturing work already done and generating feedback.
- July 29 was mentioned as the next meeting date.
- For the purpose of keeping ourselves accountable to the present situation and so the potential for there to be political action, legislative, borough and youth committees.
- This is also a way to expand participation and build more inclusiveness – the idea of casting as wide a net as possible but to do it intelligently.
- Also discussed – term limits for committee members.
- Program Committee
Climate Conference November 5-8
Sarah Pidgeon was not on the call.
- Speakers and keynotes not confirmed.
- Proposals? Due dates?
- Likely to be virtual.
- There is discussion of whether we become a strand in the NYSOEA Conference in place of holding our own – perhaps would give even more opportunities.
- Audience is geared towards outdoors/environmental education/school teachers.
- Some work on organizing took place before the Covid Pause needs to be revisited.
- There is a need to gauge interest.
- Nominating Committee reported no updates.
- Communications/Newsletter – still coming along – proof reading stage.Pamela Peeters offered to contribute content.
- EEAC and NYSOEA partnership
- TEEPMike has created a statement of request from colleges of education and compiling a list of schools to reach out to.Will our EEAC website be ready to post these course descriptions to which Shig replied that it is doable as PDFs.Mike is reporting progress on TEEP after many years.No updates on Clearinghouse idea.
- Membership and FinanceProblems with sending in membership renewals through paper mail as there is no access to retrieve mail.Go Fund Me Campaign has fizzled – Christina reported that NYSOEA’s fund drive is still active but lingering and not promoted.Mary Leou suggested that the EEAC newsletter offered another shot. Testimony is what makes a difference – when a recipient can tell their story.There is a need expressed to improve EEAC branding, utilize matching funds strategy.
- General Housekeeping – moved to next meeting.