Saturday, September 10, 2022, 11 am – 1:30 pm. Read more and register >>
The deadline for submitting comments has been extended to July 1. Read more >>
Zoom May 26, 2022
Thursday 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Join Us! >
- Newsblog: Confronting the Destroyers to Defend NatureHow do we prevent authorities with little ecological awareness to determine use of land? By Raymond Pultinas | July 29, 2022 | EEAC Newsblog | JBOLC Series JBOLC: James Baldwin Outdoor Learning Center At this crucial stage of our environmental crisis in an age of mass extinction there is a fundamental need for human self-awareness and… Continue reading Newsblog: Confronting the Destroyers to Defend Nature
- Newsblog: EEAC SUBMITS Comments on the N.Y. State Climate Action Council’s Draft Scoping Plan5/31/2022 ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION ADVISORY COUNCIL – EEAC The Environmental Education Advisory Council (EEAC), founded in 1974, is the only citywide environmental education network representing New York City. EEAC cultivates an inclusive community committed to increasing its capacity to understand and address NYC’s environmental and related societal challenges. EEAC believes the New York State Climate Action… Continue reading Newsblog: EEAC SUBMITS Comments on the N.Y. State Climate Action Council’s Draft Scoping Plan
- Newsblog: Passage of the Environmental Rights Amendment11/10/2021 On Election Day New Yorkers endorsed the notion that the right to a healthful environment is an enduring value by overwhelmingly approving an amendment to the New York State Constitution which states that “Each person shall have the right to clean air and water and a healthful environment.” The amendment passed with nearly 70% of the… Continue reading Newsblog: Passage of the Environmental Rights Amendment
Read the Forum Workshop V Report (2/9/2021)
Read the EEAC Newsletter:
Summer 2019 (PDF 12 pages 2.45 MB)
From Activism to Outdoor Education: James Baldwin Outdoor Learning Center at DeWitt Clinton High School | Message from EEAC Chairperson River DiLeo | Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly | Report on TEEP III Workshop 12/13/2018 | Book Buzz book review: The Street Beneath My Feet | DEP Student Art & Poetry 2019 entries | NYSOEA/EEAC Membership Swap.
The Environmental Education Advisory Council (EEAC) is the only nonprofit organization with the sole purpose of promoting and supporting outstanding environmental education in New York City schools and other centers for learning.
Established in 1974, EEAC has advocated for excellence in formal and informal education in New York City and beyond. EEAC provides a network and forum for all committed to environmental education to grow professionally and to share ideas and information.
From its inception, EEAC has served as an advisory group to organizations and individuals while also developing and implementing environmental education programs and initiatives.
Through its membership, monthly meetings, website, newsletter, electronic listserv, and committees, EEAC provides a wide range of programs and services and relays information about environmental education resources and issues. It serves as New York City’s umbrella environmental education organization, bringing together people and resources throughout the metropolitan area.
EEAC: MEETING A NEED
Help EEAC to meet its mission and donate today. See About EEAC for further information.EEAC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax deductible organization.
- NYSOEA Spring Migrant Bird Walk 3/27/2021Join NYSOEA’s Metro Region Members for a bird walk, Inwood Hill Park, Sat 3/27/21, 10 am
- NYSOEA Re-Frame the Narrative 2/23/2021Virtual event, Tue Feb 23, 2021, 7 pm
- NYSOEA Annual Conference 202011/5/2020 Thu – 11/8/2020 Sun
- SCONYC CONFERENCE 2020CANCELED – Science Council of New York City (SCONYC) March 21, 2020 Saturday 7:45 am – 1:30 pm
- GREEN HORIZONS 2019October 17, 2019, Thursday, 9 am – 2 pm
About EEAC newsletter & blog