Zoom May 26, 2022
Thursday 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Join Us! >
- Newsblog: Passage of the Environmental Rights Amendment11/10/2021 On Election Day New Yorkers endorsed the notion that the right to a healthful environment is an enduring value by overwhelmingly approving an amendment to the New York State Constitution which states that “Each person shall have the right to clean air and water and a healthful environment.” The amendment passed with nearly 70% of the… Continue reading Newsblog: Passage of the Environmental Rights Amendment
- Newsblog: Environmental Rights AmendmentNew York State poised to include the “Right of Each Person to Clean Air and Water and a Healthful Environment” in the State’s Constitution
- EEAC Newsletter Spring 2021Spring 2021 Chair’s Message Happy Spring! Environmental Educators have now spent an entire year adapting to teaching virtually and using completely new tools and techniques to reach students and teachers. Even with the challenges of the past year, l walked away from our virtual annual meeting in December completely inspired. At the end of that… Continue reading EEAC Newsletter Spring 2021
Read the Forum Workshop V Report (2/9/2021)
Read the EEAC Newsletter:
Summer 2019 (PDF 12 pages 2.45 MB)
From Activism to Outdoor Education: James Baldwin Outdoor Learning Center at DeWitt Clinton High School | Message from EEAC Chairperson River DiLeo | Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly | Report on TEEP III Workshop 12/13/2018 | Book Buzz book review: The Street Beneath My Feet | DEP Student Art & Poetry 2019 entries | NYSOEA/EEAC Membership Swap.
The Environmental Education Advisory Council (EEAC) is the only nonprofit organization with the sole purpose of promoting and supporting outstanding environmental education in New York City schools and other centers for learning.
Established in 1974, EEAC has advocated for excellence in formal and informal education in New York City and beyond. EEAC provides a network and forum for all committed to environmental education to grow professionally and to share ideas and information.
From its inception, EEAC has served as an advisory group to organizations and individuals while also developing and implementing environmental education programs and initiatives.
Through its membership, monthly meetings, website, newsletter, electronic listserv, and committees, EEAC provides a wide range of programs and services and relays information about environmental education resources and issues. It serves as New York City’s umbrella environmental education organization, bringing together people and resources throughout the metropolitan area.
EEAC: MEETING A NEED
Help EEAC to meet its mission and donate today. See About EEAC for further information.EEAC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax deductible organization.
- Environmental Education Career Exploration and NetworkingZoom May 26, 2022 Thursday 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Steering Committee Meeting 5/18/2022Wed 5:30 – 7 pm
- NYSOEA Spring Migrant Bird Walk 3/27/2021Join NYSOEA’s Metro Region Members for a bird walk, Inwood Hill Park, Sat 3/27/21, 10 am
- NYSOEA Re-Frame the Narrative 2/23/2021Virtual event, Tue Feb 23, 2021, 7 pm
- NYSOEA Annual Conference 202011/5/2020 Thu – 11/8/2020 Sun
- SCONYC CONFERENCE 2020CANCELED – Science Council of New York City (SCONYC) March 21, 2020 Saturday 7:45 am – 1:30 pm
- GREEN HORIZONS 2019October 17, 2019, Thursday, 9 am – 2 pm
About EEAC newsletter & blog