TEACHER ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION PREPARATION (TEEP)
Join Your Colleagues To Build On The Work of TEEP I, II, and III
12/12/2019, Thursday, 9 am – 3:30 pm
New York University, Pless Hall Lounge,
82 Washington Square East, New York, NY 10011
Get directions on Google Map.
TEEP is a network of university faculty, government agency representatives, environmental professionals and informal educators working together to both bring about increased opportunities for environmental education (EE) in pre-service teacher education and to support broad based initiatives that would provide more EE to students while reinforcing EE in teacher preparation.
8:30 am – 9 am
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
Morning Session starts at 9 am
Topics Covered in Roundtable Presentations and Discussions
- Teacher Preparation in Colleges of Education
- Climate Change Education Conference
- A Weather Station in Every School
- The Environmental Education Clearinghouse
- The New York State Environmental Literacy Plan
- Strengthening the Sustainability Coordinator Position in the Public Schools
Afternoon Session ends at 3:30 pm
Strategy sessions on some or all of the topics covered in the morning will be held. Each group will develop and present ideas for change.