Environmental Education (EE) Professional Learning/Professional Development
Looking for a way to expand your EE knowledge, build skills, or network with other environmental educators? Explore the list below to learn about the organizations in NYC that offer professional learning opportunities to EE professionals.
About EE Professional Learning Opportunities
The EE Professional Learning Opportunities database developed during the first TEEP Workshop on 10/6/2016 at Teachers College. During this workshop, EE professionals identified a gap in access to information: there was no central location that housed professional development opportunities. The EE List above represents this clearinghouse as an online database of environmental education professional development provided by various organizations.
From the EEAC Newsletter Spring 2017, page 9, EEAC TEEP Update,
“… The Clearinghouse for Teachers Working Group, which also emerged from the 10/6/16 workshop at Teachers College, is moving forward as well. Under River DiLeo’s leadership, existing databases and websites of EE information, existing providers, and place-based curricula are being collated, with the goal of making this list of resources accessible to educators.“
For organizations providing EE Professional Learning/Development Opportunities
If your organization’s information is already listed (see the EE List), but requires updating or correction, the contact person in the listing is able to make the edits. If you’re the contact person, please email us.
If your organization provides EE programs and is not listed, please fill out the following form:
For organizations submitting one-time events (fairs, demonstrations, workshops, tours, walks, etc.) to show on EEAC’s online calendar, please use the following form:
- Steering Committee Meeting 8/18/2021Wed 5:30 – 7 pm
- Steering Committee Meeting 7/21/2021Wed 5:30 – 7 pm
- Partnership Building Skill Share for Environmental Educators (Zoom!)6/15/2021 Tue 3:30 – 5:30 pm
- Steering Committee Meeting 6/16/2021Wed 5:30 – 7 pm
- Steering Committee Meeting 5/19/2021Wed 5:30 – 7 pm
- NYSOEA Spring Migrant Bird Walk 3/27/2021Join NYSOEA’s Metro Region Members for a bird walk, Inwood Hill Park, Sat 3/27/21, 10 am
- NYSOEA Re-Frame the Narrative 2/23/2021Virtual event, Tue Feb 23, 2021, 7 pm
- NYSOEA Annual Conference 202011/5/2020 Thu – 11/8/2020 Sun
- SCONYC CONFERENCE 2020CANCELED – Science Council of New York City (SCONYC) March 21, 2020 Saturday 7:45 am – 1:30 pm
- GREEN HORIZONS 2019October 17, 2019, Thursday, 9 am – 2 pm